The “PECT TurisTIC en família” Specialisation and Territorial Competitiveness Project is a research and innovation project marking a before and after in the tourism of the Costa Daurada and Terres de l'Ebre, a new starting pointing its definition and management as family tourism destinations. In this way, the Costa Daurada and Terres de l'Ebre become a European observatory and laboratory of reference in technologies and trends in family tourism.
The Tourism Board of the Tarragona Provincial Council is one of the partner entities benefiting of “PECT TurisTIC en família” and is carrying out 3 operations: Cultural Heritage, Smart Beach and Vineyards with the Family.
The “PECT TurisTIC en família” is an initiative coordinated and led by the Provincial Council of Tarragona, in collaboration with the Tourism Board of the Provincial Council of Tarragona, Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona (Functional Nutrition, Oxidation and Cardiovascular Disease Research Group -NFOC Health), Eurecat, Montblanc Town Council, the Catalan Institute of Human Paleoecology and Social Evolution (IPHES) and the Home Equipment and Contract Cluster - CENFIM.
The project is co-financed by the European Union's European Regional Development Fund, within the framework of the ERDF Operational Program for Catalonia 2014-2020. Investment target in economic growth and jobs.
Budget: 3.7 million euros, with an ERDF contribution of 1,864,761.64 euros.
Patronat de Turisme de la Diputació de Tarragona
Passeig Torroja, s/n
Destacats TurisTIC en família
Heritage is one of the main assets for generating flows of visitors to any destination and within the destination itself. Experiences based on the enhancement of the heritage in which the visitor perceives it in an experiential and emotional way (actions using dramatisation or technological resources, such as augmented reality) show the usefulness of an approach towards family experience heritage tourism. The aim of this operation is to make the Costa Daurada and Terres de l'Ebre become unique benchmark destinations for the experiences they offer with regard to the heritage, creating a network of tourist locations and monumental ensembles in which visits by families are stimulated by means of various resources. Such resources must generate a unique and differential experience which establishes the destination as an international reference of integrated management that is oriented towards the emotions evoked by the heritage, among the family segments.
The operation promotes the tourist value of the territory's heritage assets, developing actions to generate a strategic vision in the field of family tourism destinations and also at sector level.
Goals of the operation:
- To create, structure and establish an integrated and accessible system of useful information for visitors and users of heritage assets, especially families.
- To involve all local public agents (municipalities with outstanding heritage assets) and all private agents (incoming, guiding and activity companies) in a common project by consolidating a network for managing tourism services for heritage assets.
- To characterise the structures and services that have to define an experiential heritage asset and to define the requirements of the family tourism heritage asset label.
- To establish a system of heritage value focused on favouring the unique and experiential visit of the families and to apply it to ensure that the main heritage assets generate a memorable experience.
- To become an international benchmark in the efficient management of a tourism brand's heritage assets as a whole.
- The total investment for the Cultural Heritage operation is 268,670.21 euros, with 134,335.10 euros financed by the ERDF.
- Thematic objective: OT6. To preserve and protect the environment and promote resource efficiency.
- Productivity indicator: CO09. To increase the number of visits to the sites pertaining to the cultural and natural heritage and subsidized points of attractions. 2023 target: 5,000.
The coastline of the Costa Daurada and Terres de l'Ebre is made up of a network of municipalities with beaches that become the main tourist destinations in our regions every year. The will of this operation is that of configuring the mechanisms of relationship between the administrations and the agents of the tourist sector so that it acts as an integrated system of services to the families that will make it possible to give information in real time on the availability of activities and facilities, guaranteeing the quality of the services. The beaches will be categorised according to their suitability for the different groups of potential visitors and, in particular, for family tourism targets.
The operation aims at the competitive and innovative improvement of key areas of the destinations, typical tourist concepts and focusses on the family target in order to create activities on the beaches throughout the year, contributing to the deseasonalization of the offer. It will also act on environmental aspects that affect the quality of beaches, proposing measures for their management.
Goals of the operation:
- To involve all the local public agents (coastal municipalities) and all private agents (beach service providers, nautical stations) in a common project by consolidating a management network of tourist beach services.
- To develop services and products aimed at family experience tourism on the beaches throughout the year.
- To characterise the structures and services that a smart family beach has to define and to define the requirements of the beach label for family tourism.
- To establish an information and integrated management system for beach services, which will improve the sustainable use of this resource, optimising the uses and balancing intensities of use.
- To create, structure and establish an integrated and accessible system of useful information for the visitor and user of the beaches, especially families.
- To become an international reference in the efficient management of family experience tourism of a tourist brand's beach system.
- The total investment for the Smart Beach operation is 276,280.20 euros, with 138,140.10 euros financed by the ERDF.
- Thematic target: OT1. To promote research, technological development and innovation.
- Productivity indicator: CO26. Number of companies that cooperate with research centres. 2023 target: 2