Near Les Tres Cales residential estate, Cala Mosques in L’Ametlla de Mar (northern Terres de l’Ebre) is a beach some 25 metres long and 20 metres wide. It is partially lined by white pines and forms a natural bay in which the waters are no deeper than six metres. The beach is of fine, golden sand with small pebbles and slopes gently into the sea.
Despite being next to the Les Tres Cales residential estate and offering different services, including car parking, showers and a beach bar, Cala Mosques is not usually very busy. Like other coves in L’Ametlla de Mar, its crystal clear waters are much coveted by divers and snorkellers, particularly as it is on the route to the Punta Galera area with its rich marine fauna and where underwater fishing is allowed.
If you enjoy sailing, just two kilometres away is the Urbanització de Calafat Yacht Club that offers a wide range of water sports, including sailing, kayaking and canoeing.
HOW TO FIND IT
Urbanització Les Tres Cales, s/n
43860 L’Ametlla de Mar
Coordinates: 40º 54' 8,020" N 0º 49' 27,156" E
- Daily cleaning
- Beach bar
- Nearby marina with water sports activities
- Type of sand: Fine golden sand mixed with pebbles
- Width (m): 20 metres
- Length (m): 25 metres
- Access: Cala Mosques is reached via the N-340 main road in the direction of the Urbanització Les Tres Cales residential estate. From the A-7 motorway take Exit 39
- Classification: Couples, Families, Hikers,
- Surroundings: Ametlla de Mar and the Punta Galera area where underwater fishing is allowed